Name of course
2020 - 2021
Number of credits
Number of hours
Language of instruction
Objectifs et contribution de l'Unité d'Enseignement au programme
From a linguistic point of view,the goal is to reach the level A2- of the Commun European Framework of Reference. The course aims at teaching the lexical and grammatical basics of the German language to real beginners in familiar situations and in a working context. More precisely, the student will be able
- to introducte him/herself in a comprehensive way
- to use polite and salutation phrases
- to spell names
- to count
- to ask questions to make somebody's acquaintance, to ask for prices, to ask questions in a hotel, to ask for further details in a story, to ask what time it is, ...
- to pronounce any word in German
- to make, cancel, accept, postpone an appointment
- to invite somebody to an after-work activity
- to reserve a table in a restaurant, a room in a hotel
- to understand a menu, flyers in a hotel
- to buy something, to ask for prices in a shop
- to describe what he/ she (dis)likes, prefers
- to ask for and to describe directions
- to tell a story in the past
- to describe his/her hobies, job, habits at home, at work, his/her workplace, family, weather, ...
The general objectives of this UE enable to develop the following point of the teaching profile of the Bachelors and Masters Cycles: " to be able to communicate orally and in writing in several languages". In our case, the communication situations are based on basic everyday situations at the workplace and outside.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
-to introduce oneself: country, languages, family, hobbies ...
- to count: time-prices-...
-to ask for and to describe the way: transport-buildings, ....
- to describe a house
-to tell a story in the past
-to speak about the workplace:professions, desription of a firm, work material, telephone communication, professional activities
- in the restaurant: to understand a menu, to book a table
- trips: hotel- weather- reservation-transport tickets
Iinteractive course , vocabulary in self-learning online (app quizzlet)
Summative evaluation: written exam and oral exam in January and June.
Continued evaluation to check if certain key points are well understood and via oral exercices (role plays).
In January, the content is based on the first 6 lessons of the book. The result counts for 30% of the year. Duration: 2 hours for the written closed-book exam. 20 minutes for the oral exam (preparation and presentation). In case of a distancial exam, the oral exam is a conversation between the student and the teacher. The exam counts for 30% of the annual results.
In June, both exams are distance exams if necessary.
The written closed-book exam (2 hours) is about all what has been seen during the year. There are a fill-in-the-blank test (declinaison)(20 pts), an exercise about the sentence (30 pts) and a text to be written (30 pts).
The oral exam (120 points) is a conversation in german between the teacher and the student about the themes learned during the year. (15 minutes).
The exam counts for 70% of the total exam.
In august, the same exam takes place but counts for 100%.
The exam is distancial or not distancial according to the sanitary situation.
- Ilse SANDER, Andreea FARMACHE, Regine GROSSER, Claudia HANKE, Viktoria ILSE, Klaus F. MAUTSCH, Daniela SCHMEISER, Udo TELLMANN, DAF im Unternehmen, A1 und A2, Kursbuch und Übungsbuch mit Audios online, Intertaal/ Almere, Ernst Klett Sprachen, Stuttgart, 2016.
- DaF im Unternehmen, Einstieg ins Wirtschaftsleben, SIC, ICHEC.