Title of the Teaching Unit
Code of the Teaching Unit
2022 - 2023
Number of credits
Number of hours
Teacher in charge
DE CONDE Anne
Objectives and contribution to the program
The general objectives of this course aim at the last bullet point of the teaching profile and learning outcomes of the Bachelor and Master cycles: "to be able to communicate orally and in writing in several languages" (LG5)
In addition, they also aim at LG1 (acquiring tools and knowledge for the professional world) and LG3 (openness to the world).
From a linguistic point of view,the goal is to reach the level A2- of the Commun European Framework of Reference. The course aims at teaching the lexical and grammatical basics of the German language to real beginners in familiar situations and in a working context. More precisely, the student will be able
- to introducte him/herself in a comprehensive way
- to use polite and salutation phrases
- to spell names
- to count
- to ask questions to make somebody's acquaintance, to ask for prices, to ask questions in a hotel, to ask for further details in a story, to ask what time it is, ...
- to pronounce any word in German
- to make, cancel, accept, postpone an appointment
- to invite somebody to an after-work activity
- to reserve a table in a restaurant, a room in a hotel
- to understand a menu, flyers in a hotel
- to buy something, to ask for prices in a shop
- to describe what he/ she (dis)likes, prefers
- to ask for and to describe directions
- to tell a story in the past
- to describe his/her hobies, job, habits at home, at work, his/her workplace, family, weather, ...
The general objectives of this UE enable to develop the following point of the teaching profile of the Bachelors and Masters Cycles: " to be able to communicate orally and in writing in several languages". In our case, the communication situations are based on basic everyday situations at the workplace and outside.
Prerequisites and corequisites
-to introduce oneself: country, languages, family, hobbies ...
- to count: time-prices-...
-to ask for and to describe the way: transport-buildings, ....
- to describe a house
-to tell a story in the past
-to speak about the workplace:professions, desription of a firm, work material, telephone communication, professional activities
- in the restaurant: to understand a menu, to book a table
- trips: hotel- weather- reservation-transport tickets
Iinteractive course , vocabulary in self-learning online (app quizzlet)
Summative evaluation: written exam and oral exam in January and June.
Continued evaluation to check if certain key points are well understood and via oral exercices (role plays).
In January, the content is based on the first 7 lessons of the book. The result counts for 20% of the year. Duration: 2 hours for the written closed-book examand 15 minutes for the oral exam.The oral exam is a conversation between the student and the teacher.
In June, both exams are distance exams if necessary.
The written closed-book exam (2 hours) is about all what has been seen during the year. There are a fill-in-the-blank test (declinaison)(20 pts), an exercise about the sentence (30 pts) and a text to be written (30 pts).
The oral exam (120 points) is a conversation in german between the teacher and the student about the subjects learned during the year. (15 minutes).
The exam counts for 80% of the total exam. The oral presentation of the country counts for 20 points of the oral june exam.
In august, the same exam takes place but counts for 100%.
-DaF im Unternehmen, Einstieg ins Wirtschaftsleben, SIC, ICHEC.
- SPEKTRUM, BUSCHA A., SZITA S., Schubert-Verlag, Deutsch A1+, 2017