Infrastructures and vital functions
Our ambition is to become an environmental role model in both our operational activities and our infrastructure, with practices in alignment with the social, environmental, cultural and economic challenges of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our initiatives focus namely on food, mobility, energy, along with many others.
Axis 2 and its projects
In 2020, an in-depth strategic reflection on sustainability issues was launched within our institution. This resulted in four strategic pillars, the second of which relates to our infrastructure and vital functions.
In October 2021, four projects were launched, each composed of a multidisciplinary project team and combining different profiles (students, teachers, administrative staff, researchers, members of the management committee, etc.).
- Installation of secure bicycle parking facilities
- Development of a wooded area for the development of biodiversity and "green" projects: installation of an insect hotel and nesting boxes, partnership with the Ferme d'Anjou for educational activities, etc.
- Setting up ashtrays to recycle cigarette butts
- Plots on the Anjou campus left "wild".
- Greening of the Montgomery campus terrace
- Conducting an energy audit for the Montgomery and Anjou campuses.
- Organization of a participatory event on campus spaces for the future sustainable renovation of the Anjou campus
- Organization of a "Car Free Campus" day
- Carrying out an audit on our mobility practices
- Launch of a carpooling application for ICHEC users
- Acquisition of two electric bicycles for inter-campus staff mobility
- Eco-patterning in partnership with the Ferme pédagogique d'Anjou