Personal data protection policy of the https://www.ichec.be website
The website www.ichec.be (hereinafter referred to as the Site) was created and is managed by the ICHEC department, a component of the ASBL Haute École ICHEC - ECAM - ISFSC, whose registered office is located at Bd Brand Whitlock, 6, 1150 Brussels and whose company number is 0459.634.993, and which is the data controller within the meaning of the legislation on the protection of personal data
ICHEC's Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Jacques Folon who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ICHEC is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals encountered in the course of its activities and in particular in the course of visiting and using the Site.
By accepting this Policy, using ICHEC's services, registering for an ICHEC event or otherwise providing your Personal Data to ICHEC, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of the Policy and to the processing and transfers of Personal Data that will be carried out in accordance with the Policy.
The Personal Data that we collect in the course of our relationship will generally include
- Last name
- First name
- First name
- E-mail address
- Gender (F/M/X)
- Telephone number
- Educational background data
We use this Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To respond to your requests and communicate with you and others in the course of our business.
2. To send you information about ICHEC events (including a newsletter which you can always unsubscribe from)
3. To provide you with support and assistance in connection with our services.
4. To send you important information regarding changes to our products and services, our terms and conditions and other administrative, technical or commercial information.
5. Make decisions about providing services to you.
6. To conduct market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
7. To provide you with marketing information (including information about our products or other products and services offered by our selected third-party partners) in accordance with your expressed preferences.
8. To enable you to actively participate in our activities, including forums, discussions, seminars, meetings, and other events and to manage these activities.
9. Resolve complaints
10. Handle requests for access, rectification, etc.
11. Comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements (including those outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, comply with legal process and respond to requests from public government authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
The legal bases for the processing are as follows:
For purposes 1 to 9: the consent of the data subject who has the right to withdraw consent at any time (without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on consent given prior to such withdrawal).
For purposes 10 and 11: legal obligation.
If we collect further data or process Personal Data for purposes other than those set out above, we will provide you with information about the new purpose and any other necessary information before we start the new processing. Some of our activities are subject to additional terms and conditions which may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We therefore suggest that you read them carefully.
We do not use decision-making techniques based on automated processing that produce legal effects concerning the data subject or significantly affect him or her.
ICHEC may make Personal Data available to the following persons and entities:
- External third party service providers such as consultants, computer systems service providers, support, hosting, printing service providers and other similar third party vendors and subcontracted service providers who assist us in carrying out our activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in legal proceedings or under a legal obligation and in particular in the context of subsidiation and audit
- The non-profit organisations ICHEC ALUMNI and ICHEC.
- Other third parties with whom we may share Personal Data as part of an actual or proposed reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, portfolio transfer or other transaction relating to all or part of our business.
ICHEC does not transfer data outside the European Union
ICHEC takes appropriate technical and organisational measures that comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Data you may have with us may have been compromised), please notify us immediately.
When ICHEC provides Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be carefully screened and must use appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
ICHEC takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data processed is reliable for its intended use, and as accurate and complete as necessary to carry out the purposes described in this Policy.
Data subjects' data is retained for 5 years after our last contact or in accordance with legal obligations or specific Privacy Policies.
You have the right to access, rectify, object to the use of, or request the erasure, restriction or portability of your Personal Data on certain grounds. Please contact us at RGPD@ichec.be with proof of your identity by means of a copy of the front of your identity card, masking your national registration number if available, with any requests or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the way we handle your Personal Data. Please note that certain Personal Data may be exempt from the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability under the GDPR or Belgian Privacy Laws.
We review the rules contained in this Policy regularly and reserve the right to make changes at any time to take account of changes in our business and legal requirements. We will notify you of any such changes.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we process your Personal Data and feel that contacting us will not resolve the problem, the applicable Privacy Laws give you the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority: https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/