Title of the Teaching Unit
CSR and Ethics
Code of the Teaching Unit
2022 - 2023
Number of credits
Number of hours
Teacher in charge
Objectives and contribution to the program
The student will learn to be a responsible actor by :
1. reflecting on his or her own modes of operation and value system, and becoming aware of the importance of the economic, human and environmental issues related to the activities he or she carries out as a manager, as an economic actor, as a citizen and as a human being.
2. Implementing, in conditions of success, a management system based on corporate responsibility.
3. developing the ability to act autonomously and as a team on his environment rather than being subjected to it.
The course prepares the student to be
1. A manager with broad business disciplinary knowledge and specialized knowledge in chosen areas of management
2. Operational that is able to
a. Analyze situations in order to identify problems
b. Define strategies and try to implement them
c. Design and implement management solutions in his/her areas of specialization
d. Work in team and autonomously
3. Responsible for one's future and that of society
a. Be able to identify ethical and environmental issues and potential consequences of decisions made
b. Be able to propose solutions that are informed by ethical analysis of situations and their impacts on individuals and organizations
4. Open to the world
a. Think globally
b. Work in an international and multicultural environment
5. Aware of complexity and keeping a critical mind
Be able to keep a critical distance, question things and carry out some research while maintaining a critical approach to various sources of information and confronting various viewpoints
6. Able to communicate orally and in writing in several languages.
a. Be able to deliver a professional oral presentation with appropriate technology
b. Be able to create clear and well-structured documents on complex subjects
Prerequisites and corequisites
1. Philosophical and critical study of ethics, sustainability and related themes, i.e. questioning one's intuitions and common opinions, habits.
2. Student groups will develop and defend viable solutions to societal issues presented by organisations (business, non-profit organisations, social enterprises, etc.).
1. Courses, independent reading and permanences.
2. 3 or 4-day seminar - design sprint - agile method and lean startup - team work - mix of plenary sessions, coaching and group work in/out situs or online if there is a health crisis
1. Work Q1 - 2.5 ECTS
2. Intermediate deliverables per group, presence and participation, pitching of the final solution in front of a jury of experts and communication exercise in 90 sec - Q2 - 50% (individual and significant written work in the second session + oral pitching) - 2.5 ECTS
Pépin C. (2018). La confiance en soi, une philosophie. Paris : Allary Éditions.
Ferry L. (2006). Apprendre à vivre : je vais te raconter l’histoire de la philosophie. Paris : Plon, pp.7-172.
Ries, E. (2015). Lean Startup: Adoptez l’innovation continue. Paris: PEARSON EDUCATION.