Internship and thesis at ICHEC
As part of your training in Business Management, you will have to do a 5-week internship in the second year of your Bachelor's degree, a 3-month internship during your Master's degree in Business Management and a 5-month internship during your Master's degree in Business Engineering.
Chart legend :
- BLOC 2 business management: in February during 4 weeks from Monday to Friday included
- BLOC 2 business engineering: in February during 4 weeks from Monday to Thursday included
- MASTER 2 business management:
- Period 1: Minimum 20 days anticipated on between July 1 and September 15 or 2 days/week from September 15 to December 15.
- Period 2: Minimum 40 days as from February, but the internship may continue from April to May. Erasmus students may start as from January. For students attending the Ethics and CSR classes, the internship may be continued until May 27 so as to take part in the CSR Seminar.
- MASTER 2 business engineering: minimum 90 days. ERASMUS students may start the internship as from January (For students attending the Ethics and CSR classes, the internship may be continued until May 27 so as to take part in the CSR Seminar.)
- Complementary degree in business management (DCG): Between minimum 1 month and 3 months depending on the student’s programme (full-time or part-time).
Two platforms for finding your internship
ICHEC Career Center
Will provide you with:
- Internship/job offers;
- Presentation spaces for companies and their positions;
- A CV bank in which to add your profile;
- Essential resources to kick-start your career
Highered Global Talent Network
ICHEC Brussels Management School cooperates with EFMD Global Network to offer its students an International Internship Search Engine.
This global talent portal comes as an addition to other internal initiatives and resources available at ICHEC.
ICHEC being a member school of EFMD Global Network, students can activate and log in to their personal portal to find internships, trainee positions, apprenticeships and graduate positions that are relevant in companies worldwide.
Internship's periods per degree
- give students the opportunity to observe and integrate a business organization.
- allow students to carry out various tasks linked to the day-to-day management of a department, and give them, as far as possible, a mission that will enable them to show the best of their abilities.
Internship in the second year of the Bachelor's degree in Business Management: 5 days a week during 4 consecutive weeks from the end of January to the end of Febuary. The 5th day of the week is a compulsory class day, devoted to analysing their experience of management practices.
Internship in the second year of the Bachelor's degree in Business Engineering: 4 days a week during 4 consecutive weeks from the end of January to the end of Febuary. The 5th day of the week is a compulsory class day, devoted to analysing their experience of management practices.
Discover here the video presentation of the internship program in Bloc 2 !
With many testimonials, it allows students to imagine their own internship project !
Master's degree in Business Management
The internship gives students the opportunity to get a more in-depth understanding of a business by developing their competence in one particular field of management. It consists in taking part in a real-life project or in collaborating to the day-to-day management of a department by assisting a manager or a person in charge of a project. The field they choose must be related to the subject of their thesis.
The internship for the Master's degree in Business Management is spread out over two separate periods. The first period of minimum 20 days takes place during the 1st semester of the 2nd year (either anticipatively in July or August at the end of the 1st year or 2 days/week between September 15 and December 15). The second period of minimum 40 days takes place during the 2nd semester of the 2nd year. The company and the student are required to specify, for each period, the mission and tasks that are to be achieved.
During the second internship period, the company allows students to be away from the office maximum four or five half-days in order to take part in a number of learning activities.
This practical training period is designed on the basis of a partnership between the student, the Internship Supervisor appointed by the company (whose role is to guide and help the student to acquire new knowledge and abilities) and a faculty member of ICHEC. The mission and the expected tasks are formally stipulated in an internship convention.
Master's degree in Business Engineering
The internship is to be the basic link between practical experience and thesis work. The student's mission is to manage a project determined with the company. The student commits to doing everything he/she can to produce practical and useful results that attest he/she successfully managed the project.
The 5-month and a half internship is spread out over three periods of the second year ;
- The first one-month period (between the 2 years of the Master's degree programme) enables the students to get used to the organization, to understand the assigned problem, to specify objectives and how the work will take place;
- The second one-month and a half period takes place during the first semester of the 2nd year. It gives students the opportunity to identify possible solutions and start working on the solution they have chosen;
- The third 3-month period takes place during the second semester of the 2nd year. Students use this period to finalize the solution, implement it and assess it.
The Internship - Thesis Unit (USM)
The Internship - Thesis Unit (USM) is in charge of activities related to internships and final thesis work. It informs students and faculty members about pedagogical procedures.