Description du cours
Intitulé de l'Unité d'Enseignement
Code de l'Unité d'Enseignement
2019 - 2020
Nombre de crédits
Objectifs et contribution de l'Unité d'Enseignement au programme
Articulate broad disciplinary knowledge and specialized knowledge using management tools, design and implement solutions in a given situation, be able to keep a critical distance, to create clear and well-structured documents on complex subjects, and to deliver a professional oral presentation.
Prérequis et corequis
Description du contenu
Through coursework and background research, the student will develop a question that has yet to be answered by prior research, but where he can find room for a new perspective or a new field to apply models or concepts. The purpose is to answer a research question, by using the ability to work with theoretical frameworks, analytic, synthetic and reasoning skills, and critical mind, in order to bring a real added value.
2 types of thesis::?
- Project Management" : bring adequate answer to a field problematic.
Elaborate a solution to a field problematic directly linked with a company : direct field observation, with interviews, surveys, ... Links with theory and operational recommendations to the company.
- Applied research : Mix theory and practice, apply theoretical knowledge to a specific field of management.
Both have the same level of requirements.
The jury is made up of:
• The President, responsible for the compliance with procedures (usually a professor of ICHEC)
• The Promoter of the thesis, teaching member of ICHEC who followed the student during the writing of his/her thesis.
• The Internship supervisor (for MIBM-120 students only)
• A reader, external/internal expert (depending on the confidentiality of the thesis) or person knowing the subject developed in the thesis.
They will give separate marks for the written document and the oral defense.
On Ichec Moodle :
ICHEC Master Thesis Guidelines
Master Thesis Seminar for MMS-60
MIBM-120 Internship/Thesis Guidelines