- Business cycle theory and analysis
- Cultural heritage management
- Urban planning
- Docteur en Economie, 1994,
- Diplôme d'Etudes Européennes Genève, 1979,
- Licence et Maîtrise en Sciences Economiques, 1978,
- Master of Arts in Economics Georgetown university USA,
- 31NPE10-A - Non-Profit Economics and Management
- OST, C. (2017).New Paradigm for Cultural Heritage in Europe, Special Edition, CARTADITALIA, Journal of Contemporary Italian Culture, published by the Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Brussels.
- OST, C. (2016). Urban Heritage and Sustainable Development. Research Seminar, Raymond Lemaire International Conservation Centre, KU Leuven
- OST, C. (2016) Cultural heritage considered as cultural capital. New perspective for sustainable urban development in historic cities in the context of Historic Urban Landscape approach. International symposium on Sustainable Conservation of the Historic Fortress. Kalaja, Ulqin Ulcinj, Montenegro
- OST, C. (2016). "Risk assessment in economics of conservation", in Heritage Counts", Reflections on Cultural Heritage Theories and Practices. A series by the Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation, Koen Van Balen and Aziliz Vandesande (Eds.), KU Leuven, vol. 2, 2016.
- OST, C. (2015). Le patrimoine culturel comme atout de développement économique durable des villes, Conference at Ecole de Management du Maroc, Rabat (Morocco).
- OST, C. (2015). Economics of Conservation in Malaysia -Mission to Kuala Lumpur, Training of Architects and Local Urban planners, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, invited by The Getty Conservation Institute.
- Ost, C., Risk assessment for cultural heritage in historic cities in the context of economic development and poverty alleviation, HERITAGE COUNTS, International Conference on the economic, social, environmental and cultural impact of heritage, Thematic week of the Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation, KU Leuven, February 3-6, 2015.
- Ost, C. Developing a proposal for the integration of a sustainable development perspective within the processes of the World Heritage Convention, Workshop of experts, UNESCO, Hanoi, Vietnam , January 2015.
- Case study: A User’s Guide for Heritage Economics, in Reconnecting the City: The Historic Urban Landscape Approach and the Future of Urban Heritage, Francesco Bandarin (Editor), Ron van Oers (Editor), 360 pages, November 2014, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Ost, C. Cottbus, Developing a proposal for the integration of a sustainable development perspective within the processes of the World Heritage Convention, Workshop on World Heritage and Sustainable Development, UNESCO, Cottbus (Germany), 13-15 October 2014.
- Ost, C. Visby-ICOMOS, International Scientific Committee on Economics, Economics for Historic Cities: A comprehensive perspective of cultural capital, 21-23 May 2014, Visby (Sweden).
- OST, C. (2013). La dimension économique du patrimoine culturel, ICHEC, avec KU Leuven, ENCATC, et Universiteit Antwerpen, colloque sur la dimension économique du patrimoine culturel, dans le cadre de l’invitation d’Elena Borin de l’Universita Ferrara, 12 décembre 2013.
- OST C., Case studies on urban heritage sustainability in LDCs, Urban Heritage and Development Sustainability, International Workshop, University of Versailles St Quentin, CEMOTEV, January 2013, Versailles, France.
- OST C., PRECOM³OS KUL- The historic Urban Landscape : a Macroeconomic Perspective, Thematic Week, Preventive Conservation, Maintenance and Monitoring of Monuments and Sites, Raymond Lemaire International Conservation Center, Leuven, January 2013
- Ost. C, A Macroeconomic and Strategic Perspective on Historic Conservation, in Reflections on Preventive Conservation, Maintenance and Monitoring of Monuments and Sites, PRECOMOS UNESCO Chair, Acco, Leuven/Den Haag, 2013, p 101-105.
- OST C., Présentation de l’état de la recherche sur “Analyse économique et stratégique des villes historiques", Midis de la Recherche, ICHEC Brussels Management School, December 2012.
- SAB Teleconferences on Global Heritage Fund Project Proposals, Senior Advisory Board, Global Heritage Fund December 2012
- OST C., Assessing and Measuring Economic Values in Urban Conservation, Seminar on Economics of Heritage, Indian Heritage Cities Network, République Française, UNESCO, December 2012, Pune and Bangalore, India.
- OST C., Workshop on Economics of the Urban Heritage of the World Heritage City of Cuenca, University of Cuenca, Ecuador, November 2012.
- OST C., Conference Meeting of the ICOMOS International Economics Scientific Committee, World Urban Forum, UN-Habitat, September 2012, Naples.
- OST, C. (2012). Mapping Heritage Economics for Spatial Analysis in Historic City Cores, in “Economics of Uniqueness, Investing in Historic City Cores and Cultural Heritage Assets for Sustainable Development”, edited by Guido Licciardi and Rana Amirtahmasebi, The World Bank.
- OST C., “The Economic regeneration of Romanian built heritage, with particular emphasis on Bucharest heritage”, Workshop 29 et 30 Mai 2012, Bucharest. The Romanian Cultural Institute.
- OST C., Assessing and Measuring Economic Risk for Cultural Heritage, “From past experience to new approaches and synergies: the Future of Protection Heritage Management for Archaeological Heritage in Times of Economic Crisis”, ICOMOS Hellenic and ICAHM Regional conference, 23-25 May 2012, New Acropolis Museum, Athens
- OST C., Economics of conservation in times of crisis, ICOMOS and International Scientific Committee on Economics, in “Ports as New Magnets for Urban Sustainable Development “ 24-25 May 2012, Malta
- OST C., Economic mapping of heritage indicators, on the topic: Ports as new magnets for urban sustainable development, Malte, 24-25 May 2012.
- OST C., “La crise et les cycles dans tous leurs états”, Conférence pour ICHEC-Cultures, ICHEC Brussels Management School, 23 Avril 2012.
- "Economics of Historic Preservation in a Long Wave Perspective", ICOMOS, The 17th General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, December 2011, Paris
- Ost. C, "Education and Values in a Business Cycle Perspective", Youth, Business, Society: International Tendencies, University of Management TISBI and UNESCO, November 2011, Kazan, Russian Federation
- "An assessment framework for the conservation of tangible and intangible heritage, CEC-The University of Nottingham International Conference", World Heritage at Risk, the economics of tangible and intangible heritage under threat, September 2011, Villa Rufolo, Ravello, Italy
- Ost, C., 2011. Un dé en acajou a disparu. Quadrature.
- Ost Ch., Cultural heritage economics and management as tools for regional development , International Scientific Conference on The Modern Regional Policy : Both Domestic and Foreign Experience and Future Trends, Actes du colloque, TISBI School of Management, Kazan, Federation de Russie, octobre 2010
- Ost Ch., Heritage Economics as a tool for Sustainable Development, The Forum on Cultural Heritage in a Developing World, Global Heritage Fund, Stanford University, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Reaserch (SIEPR), Proceedings, Palo Alto, California, October 2010
- Workshop : Heritage Economics and Conservation Funding': Proceedings, EUROMED HERITAGE and ICOMOS, Damas, Syrie, June 2010
- Historic City Heritage as a Cultural Capital , in Cultural Heritage as engine of development : principles, approaches, and tools, Proceedings, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Dipartemento di Conservazione dei beni architettonici ed ambientali, Naples (forthcoming), February 2010
- A Guide for Heritage Economics in Historic Cities : Values, Indicators, Maps, and Policies, Research report, Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, 2009
- Ost Ch., Heritage Economics in Historic Cities : New Tools for Decision-Makers , Procida (Naples), International Summer School on Valuing Cultural Diversity in Cities: Challenges to Cultural Economics', University of Nottingham et Universita Federico II Napoli, September 2009
- Lecon inaugurale, ISURU et URBA (UCL), Le Patrimoine Architectural dans les Villes Historiques ; Atouts ou Contraintes , Palais d'Egmont, Bruxelles, Octobre 2009
- OST C., Economics, Development and Cultural Tourism. A Future for Bucharest Heritage – European Perspectives, Workshop held on May 30, 2012, Bucharest, Romania.
- 'Cultural Heritage, Local Resources and Sustainable Tourism; Towards an Operational Framework for Policy and Planning', in Cultural Tourism and Sustainable Local Development, edited by Luigi Fusco Girard and Peter Nijkamp, Ashgate, 2009
- 'Can Economics Help Preserve and Conserve Heritage ? And if so, Can Economics Help to Improve Quality of Life and of the Environment?', in The Human Sustainable City, Challenges and Perspectives from the Habitat Agenda, edited by Luigi Fusco Girard, Bruno Forte, Maria Cerreta, Pasquale De Toro, Fabiana Forte, Ashgate, 2005.